9 house hunting tips that can assist in getting everything you need.
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will ever make.
Here are 9 house hunting tips to assist you in making your best buying decision.
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES
of both, the interior, and exterior of the home (especially any special features you want to remember). This will make it much easier when you are comparing homes later and making a final decision.
KNOW YOUR BUDGET
Before looking at homes or applying for a mortgage you need to know how much home you can comfortably afford. When calculating, make sure you research all the involved costs of buying such as the down payment, insurance, property taxes, closing costs and money for any additional expenses.
BRING ALONG A FRIEND
or family member. They can offer a second opinion, another set of eyes, and lend their expertise.
THINK ABOUT PROXIMITY
to work, school or other locations you frequent, to make sure your new home is in a convenient area.
CHOOSE A NEIGHBORHOOD
Think of the amenities and characteristics you need your new community to have. Once you choose an area, get all the statistical information about the neighborhood such as local schools, crime stats and access to local shops.
USE A REALTOR
Getting help from a professional agent can alleviate stress from finding a home. They will offer their expertise and make finding your new home a quicker and more efficient process. Get recommendations from friends and family to find an experienced agent in your area.
LOOK FOR HIDDEN PROBLEMS
and possible defects that the seller hasn’t disclosed. Is there a rug or piece of furniture located in a odd space? There is a good possibility that its hiding a problem with the floor. Check all areas of the home as thoroughly as possible during your home inspection to avoid any surprises after closing.
NEEDS VS WANTS
Prioritize your list of wants and needs and communicate these items to your Realtor prior to viewing any homes.
KNOW ALL ADDITIONAL COSTS
such as home inspection fees, survey costs, taxes, HOA / Condo fees and property taxes.
If these 9 House Hunting Tips were helpful to you please follow the link to my email.
Call or email me for immediate attention to your scenario!
Valor Lending Group can fund your fast-hard money loan up to $10mm in as little as 7 days often without an appraisal.
Valor Lending Group also offers literally every loan in the book! Check out more information on our programs CLICK HERE and please do not hesitate to call on me for any scenarios. I look forward to an opportunity to demonstrate my prompt and professional service.
Recap of our Loan Products:
- Hard Money Loans (20% down / minimal documentation) Typically Fund in 7-10 days.
- Stated Income Loans (Great for business owners and self employed ) No tax returns!
- 100% financing is available (we can cross collateralize other properties if there is enough equity)
- Valor VA Home Loan 100% financing up to $1.5MM
- Investor Cash Flow Loan – No tax returns or DTI calculation! Based on subject property cash flow – No Coverage needed DSCR!
- Flipper & Rehab Loans (Flip a property with one of our many options)
- 2nd Position Loans up to $5mm
- Raw Land & Lot Loans
- Ground up Construction for spec homes, custom homes and commercial ground up.
- Farms, Vineyards, Ranches and Agricultural Properties (25-30% down)
- 5% down Jumbo’s with NO MI up to $2mm / 10% down up to $3mm
- Manufactured Housing / Mobile Homes (20% down / 600+ credit score)
- Acreage Properties
- Commercial Loans up to $500mm
- 3% & 5% down Conventional Loans– LPMI (Lender paid mortgage insurance)
- Foreign Nationals Loans (no social security or residency required)
We also offer:
- 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 year Fixed, Conventional Conforming Loans (under $510,400)
- High Balance Conforming aka Super Conforming (from $510,400-$765,600)
- Jumbo’s to $10 Million / Super low rates! / 10% down Jumbo to $3mm
- FHA, USDA
- Reverse mortgages up to $1 Million Value
- Refinance including Cash Out
Valor Lending Group
“Pride in Lending”
Diamond View Tower
350 10th Ave – 10th Floor
San Diego, CA
Direct: (619) 535-9324
Fax: (619) 255-0602